Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech scale-ups? If yes, then you are in the right place!
We’re one of the UK’s leading tech companies and have joined FutureFifty 8.0 and named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020.
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a close-knit group on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
That starts by helping people live a healthier and happier life in their own home, with the support of a full-time live-in carer. Our unique matching technology pairs those in need with their ideal carer, based on individual requirements and personality.
But to join our team, what is it that really matters to us? Well, it matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do, that you put in the hard work. And, obviously, it matters you care as much as we do.
About the role
To support the business, we are looking for a commercially focussed Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join the Finance Team in this hands-on and dynamic role, continuing to build out the planning and insight capabilities of the function. You will work closely with the CFO and Head of Finance and engage directly with the business to assist function heads with optimising their operations, budget setting and delivery, and supporting strategic decision making.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Owning and ongoing development of existing business financial models to ensure production of timely insight to the business and the Board and accurate business forecasts for EBITDA and cash as well as long-range plans and scenario modelling;
- Acting as a conduit between the CFO, Head of Finance and Head of BI, develop and prepare relevant analysis of business performance and support assessment and development of overall financial insight;
- Acting as a Business Partner advising, challenging and building rapport with senior stakeholders;
- Thriving for continuous improvement, evaluating business KPIs and working closely with business operational management.
- Delivering functional insight to identify and support opportunities for operational efficiency and drive operational planning such as ensuring an accurate assessment of resources needed
- Developing, documenting and embedding scalable finance analysis processes and controls to support significant company growth;
- Supporting on Board and Investor presentations;
- Supporting on project work and continuous improvement focus within the business.
Need to have
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA;
- Previous FP&A role experience;
- Attention to detail with the ability to focus on big picture challenges;
- Self-starter mindset: experience of proactive business engagement with experience to know when to work independently and when to engage others;
- Interest in progressing within a fast-paced organisation;
- Experience of bringing structure to the FP&A function;
- Experience of working with complex modelling requirements, ideally in a complex multi-channel business
- Advanced Excel skills with proven experience of working with large Excel-based financial models;
- Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to engage with non-financial stakeholders
Nice to have
- Previous experience in a scale-up or a fast-paced environment
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series B & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday (increase 1 day per day of service to a maximum of 30days)+ bank holidays
- Perkbox & EAP membership
- Plenty of socials and team lunches, including virtually
- Flexible working with the benefit of core hours, a great office in the heart of the tech scene in Old Street and working from home
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business.