Digital Designer (UX/UI)
Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech startups? If yes, then you are in the right place!
We’ve recently been ranked number five in Startups100 and named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020.
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a team on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
We think a strong team is built through difference. From Mexico City to Manchester, Stockholm to Sterling, Hong Kong to Hull, Elders come from all over the UK and the world.
It matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do. And, obviously, it matters how much you care about what we do.
About the role
Elder is not your typical care agency; in addition to delivering high-quality care, we design and build best-in-class digital experiences for our users. We have a lot of users, ranging from those receiving care to their family members, and our carers.
As a Digital Designer, you will get to know all of these users, understand their needs and behaviours and help us to design solutions that exceed their expectations. We’re looking for an experienced designer with strengths across the entire lifecycle of the UX process and excellent visual design skills.
In your role as a Digital Designer, you will have ownership of the front-end design of the website and be responsible for applying your expertise to improve and optimise the experience for our customers. Day-to-day tasks will consist of collaborating with teams across the business to define requirements, iterate on design solutions, and contribute expertise for various digital initiatives.
The website is a central vehicle for customer and Carer acquisition. One key aspect of your role will be to redefine Elder’s website experience and will play a central role in the planned relaunch of the website later this year. You’ll work closely with the Head of Website, developers, and commercial stakeholders, championing key design principles, including UX and UI best practice, always ensuring that Elder’s values and service proposition are clearly and effectively communicated.
As our Digital Designer, your responsibilities will include owning the end-to-end website design process, from problem definition, ideation, prototyping and testing.
- Use digital design, UX and UI principles to define, and iterate new website designs based on user feedback
- Quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Lead the design of individual website experiments to support conversion rate optimisation activities.
- Apply high design standards to all projects i.e. visually express hierarchy, construct consistent layouts, and demonstrate a good understanding of responsive design.
- Participate in broader discussions with the product design team and give feedback during planning and strategy meetings.
- Research industry trends to present ideas and concepts for timely digital innovation.
- Ensure website design aligns with the company’s branding guidelines and design aesthetic principles
- Experience in the design thinking process and agile development
- Skilled in using multiple sources of qualitative and quantitative data to identify risks and opportunities
- Ability to create strategic design documents such as Personas and User Journey Maps
- Skilled at using research insights to make design decisions
- Proficient at creating high-level information architectures, low-level flows and wireframes, interaction designs, interactive prototypes, etc.
- Experience working directly with developers to hand over, implement and refine your designs.
- Expertise with mainstream digital design tools; Figma, Axure, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Adobe XD, etc.
- A good understanding of visual design principles.
- Knowledgeable and competent in designing for accessibility
- Strong portfolio showing the breadth and depth of web design capabilities.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series B & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid office/remote flexible work arrangements - working remotely 4 days a week
- Mental Health Support (Spill)
- E-learning platform (Udemy)
- Sponsored quarterly team and company socials
- Mentoring and coaching programmes to help you achieve your personal and career goals
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- Cycle to work scheme
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business
Do something you genuinely care about. Join a diverse team of skilled, passionate and progressive people who like to get on with each other. Work at one of Europe’s fastest-growing scale-up. Apply today.
Elderly care represents one of society’s greatest challenges. Are you ready to be part of the solution? Apply today.
Elder recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.