Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech startups? If yes, then you are in the right place!
We’ve recently been ranked number five in Startups100 and named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020.
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a team on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
We think a strong team is built through difference. From Mexico City to Manchester, Stockholm to Stirling, Hong Kong to Hull, Elders come from all over the UK and the world.
It matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do. And, obviously, it matters how much you care about what we do.
About the role
The role of the technology team at Elder is to set Elder apart from the rest with meaningful use of technology - our technology platform is the engine that powers the rest of the business. We build web applications that connect families and carers with each other and Elder. We use data, algorithms, and machine learning to find the right carer to look after each of our customers. In 2022, we’ll continue our journey towards becoming the UK’s leading live-in care provider and do even more to deliver a best in class service.
We’re currently looking for a talented individual to join the engineering team as the first dedicated SDET/QA Engineer hire with focus on quality assurance across Elder’s products and in collaboration with the software team, improving automated test coverage for end-to-end user journeys. You will be working closely with fellow engineers and product managers to build an in-depth understanding of Elder’s ecosystem and ensure that new features work as intended and add value to our users, and to build out our suite of automated end-to-end tests to prevent any future regressions.
We prefer collaboration and communication over formally specifying every functional requirement, making this an ideal opportunity for someone keen to work closely together with the team to provide value to our end users and proactively think about user experience rather than simply checking predetermined acceptance criteria.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working closely with product managers and fellow engineers to ensure that changes to our products deliver the intended value and meet our overall quality bar
- Improving and building out our end-to-end testing suites using tools such as Cypress as well as headless REST-based testing flow
- Working with frontend and backend engineers throughout the development lifecycle to identify and highlight edge cases or potential pitfalls in developing new features
- Professional experience of having worked as an SDET or QA Engineer with a focus on test automation and continuous delivery using tools such as Cypress, Selenium, Jest, or similar
- Good understanding of high-level software architecture such as separation of responsibilities between frontend and backend and use of REST APIs
- Comfortable with taking high-level business requirements and a solid understanding of product into concrete test cases
- A passion for working collaboratively in order to solve meaningful real-world problems with technology
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
Stock Options (We are post-series B & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Flexible working hours
Hybrid office/remote flexible work arrangements - working remotely 3 days a week
Mental Health Support (Spill)
E-learning platform (Udemy)
Sponsored quarterly team and company socials
Mentoring and coaching programmes to help you achieve your personal and career goals
Macbook + any particular extras you require
Cycle to work scheme
AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business
Do something you genuinely care about. Join a diverse team of skilled, passionate and progressive people who like to get on with each other. Work at one of Europe’s fastest-growing scale-up. Apply today.
Elderly care represents one of society’s greatest challenges. Are you ready to be part of the solution? Apply today.
Elder recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status