Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech startups? If yes, then you are in the right place!
We’re one of the UK’s leading tech companies and have joined FutureFifty 8.0 and been named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a close-knit group on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
That starts by helping people live a healthier and happier life in their own home, with the support of a full-time live-in carer. Our unique matching technology pairs those in need with their ideal carer, based on individual requirements and personality.
But to join our team, what is it that really matters to us? Well, it matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do, that you put in the hard work. And, obviously, it matters that you care as much as we do.
About the role
As a Quality Manager, you will be a member of a growing clinical team that is instrumental in the development and growth of the UK’s leading introductory live-in care agency. You will proactively understand, detail and communicate all new developments and applicable changes in relation to the care sector and CQC and proactively keep Elder informed on best practices to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ rating with CQC.
As a member of the clinical team, you will play a key role in not only the day to day function of the introductory agency, but you will also have critical involvement in the development and delivery of our managed service to provide a high level of daily support in respect of quality assurance and compliance across the group, to ensure we are compliant with CQC regulations and to deliver outstanding quality ratings.
What you’ll be responsible for
- To lead the design, development and implementation of Quality Assurance Frameworks and robust quality assurance processes across all locations in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, policies and procedures, national and local standards.
- Developing Elder’s quality and safeguarding policies, frameworks, standards and strategies in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 - Regulation 18, ensuring compliance with the National Minimum Standards & Regulations and all Care Quality Commission (CQC) and other regulatory requirements and keeping Elder up to date with current best practice.
- To continuously develop and deliver first-class Quality and Compliance training to clinical and carer operations teams.
- Undertake quality audits, visiting locations to complete a full compliance audit and training along with remote audits to ensure all locations achieve a minimum of “Good” from CQC.
- Lead on safeguarding enquiries, review accidents, ensure incidents and complaints are reported in accordance with Elder policy and in accordance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 - Regulation 18.
- You will be the Safeguarding Lead, leading on Section 42 and SARS investigations with LA and CCGs as required, chairing our Senior Escalations Committee and providing feedback to the relevant stakeholders via the Integrated governance process.
- Monitoring and advising on performance; including managing data, producing insight and reporting on performance measured against set standards.
- Work with internal teams to maintain regulatory and legislative compliant technology, policy, process and procedure.
- Ensure the company is compliant with Regulatory and legal requirements of the Care Act and CQC regulations act.
- You will be responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of robust quality management systems ensuring the company’s statutory duties are fulfilled and exceeded. You will ensure systems and services are monitored and reviewed in order to continually improve quality and outcomes.
- Maintain a thorough and robust data-led approach to Quality performance working with the BI and Data team and generating and sharing insight with stakeholders around the business and regulators in accordance with all requests and requirements.
- Work in conjunction with the leadership team, to produce monthly management information and reports to the Board. Review and report on services performance against key performance indicators. Collation and production of relevant MI data for senior management, thereafter creating and monitoring of relevant action plans, to ensure regulatory compliance is met across all care operations.
- Safeguarding L5
- NVQ 5 or equivalent qualification in health and social care; or previously a manager in social care
- Can demonstrate in-depth involvement with past CQC inspections, resulting in high CQC ratings
- Previous experience as a Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Experience of care of the elderly
- Good knowledge of governance and regulatory processes
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Able to independently screen and assess referrals from a variety of sources with an understanding of CIW and CIS regulations and supporting services in Wales and Scotland is desirable
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series B & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid office/remote flexible work arrangements
- Mental Health Support (Spill)
- E-learning platform (Udemy)
- Sponsored quarterly team and company socials
- Mentoring and coaching programmes to help you achieve your personal and career goals
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- Cycle to work scheme
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business
Elderly care represents one of society’s greatest challenges. Are you ready to be part of the solution? Apply today.
Elder recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.