Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech scale-ups? If yes, then you are in the right place!
We’ve recently been ranked number five in Startups100 and named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020.
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a team on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
We think a strong team is built through difference. From Mexico City to Manchester, Stockholm to Stirling, Hong Kong to Hull, Elders come from all over the UK and the world.
It matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do. And, obviously, it matters how much you care about what we do.
About the role
The role of the technology team at Elder is to set Elder apart from the rest with meaningful use of technology - our technology platform is the engine that powers the rest of the business. We build web applications that connect families and carers with each other and Elder. We use data, algorithms, and machine learning to find the right carer to look after each of our customers. In 2021, we’ll continue our journey towards becoming the UK’s leading live-in care provider and do even more to deliver a best in class service.
We’re currently looking for a talented front-end engineer to join the team. You’ll be a part of our larger engineering team, working with other frontend and backend developers to develop new functionality across Elder’s web portals used by the families that we look after and carers that work with us. We use React, Redux, styled-components, and Flow across our platforms and primarily communicate with our backend systems over REST.
We encourage collaboration and our engineers are involved in the full development lifecycle, from the brainstorming of what’s possible to seeing how the products are being used by our end users. This is a great opportunity for a web developer who is keen to build products with modern technologies and wants to do more than just work off fully-formed tickets in Jira.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working closely with product managers, UX designers, and the wider team to shape technology-powered solutions
- Close collaboration within the frontend engineering team, in code reviews, pair programming, knowledge sharing sessions and other activities to maintain best practices and consistency across the platform
- Implementing, testing, and releasing new functionality across Elder’s web applications
- Collaborating with backend engineers in building new APIs and data contracts to support new functionality
- Experience working with React/Redux, or other similar web application framework
- An active interest in staying up-to-date with new technology, new frameworks, new languages and other developments
- A passion for working collaboratively to solve meaningful real-world problems with technology, not just writing code!
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series B & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangement split between remote and in-office
- Plenty of socials and team lunches
- Regular technical brown bag sessions and access to learning via Udemy and Frontend Masters
- Amazing office in the heart of the tech scene in Old Street
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business.
Do something you genuinely care about. Join a diverse team of skilled, passionate and progressive people who like to get on with each other. Work at one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups. Apply today.
Elder recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.